Thursday, August 24, 2006

oil pastels on watercolor

I needed a quick art fix earlier this summer.... so oil pastel on top of Japanese watercolors seemed like the way to go.... i rather like making blotches of whatever color(s) I happen to pick out of my box. Then come back after it's dry to stare at the blotches to see what appears and finally to adjust it so that other people can see what I see. This time I used oil pastels on top of the watercolors. sometimes it's ink. sometimes it's acrylic. sometimes it's more watercolors.





I'm still researching digital cameras, so anything i post for the next month or so will be from my "archive" of pictures taken while "testing" a digital camera I borrowed from a friend. Most recently i've been messing around with straight up acrylics, trying to get bodies and body parts to actually look like body parts (instead of zombie people or distorted people or unidentifiable blobs). so far I have *1* that worked :) you probably will not ever got to see the zombie paintings. i try to paint over them as soon as possible. they're creepy.

No comments: