Thursday, June 15, 2006

a series of three....




here are those three paintings I was talking about... my dad got a whole stack of foam-board movie posters (for gosh-awful movies) and so i've been somewhat slowly painting over all of them. I guess the actual painting itself has been going quickly --- these three took me less than an hour each and I painted them all in less than a 24 hour period (two saturday night and the third Sunday morning) - essentially on a whim. just to see if i could. They're about two feet by three feet big and they're painted with acrylics. Acrylics just got WAY more fun for me because I FINALLY tried out this tube of 'retarding medium' that Jen gave me as a gift. i *love* that stuff!

2 comments:

Mouse said...

Amazing art work!!! I'm always looking for new art to enjoy so, thank you!!!

11frogs said...

Amazingly, I'm not voting for the green as my favorite this time :) I love them all but the far left, yellow-and-purple gets my vote this time. Beautiful.