Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Blogging by mail!!!

SO, a full week after this package arrived... I am getting around to posting it. Apologies for the delay....

Last week Tuesday I came home to find a package from Amelia on my doorstep! Check it out:



There's everything a girl might want in this box (^_^) food, tools, and things to make me pretty!

In all we have here: two different kinds of dark chocolate (one with ginger and one with sea salt), some tasty looking canned goods (chow-chow, pear preserves, and a jar of green pepper jelly --- this green pepper jelly is the one I'm currently most curious about.... what do I do with it? Hmmmmmm. There will be some recipe investigation on that one for sure.), some gravy (I love gravy!), some black bean soup mix (MmMmMmmmm... perfect for fall weather), a silcon-lined hotpad to protect me while trying out all these new ingredients, some lovely silk-screened cards, the bestest smelling rosemary-mint soap, and two necklaces --- which I tried on immediately, of course:







Thank you Amelia from Georgia!

(I wish I knew which of the 117 websites was yours, so I could give you proper credit for this by linking to you :) and, I confess, I'm also curious to learn a little more about the person who sent this lovely stuff my way.

And thank you, too, to Stephanie over at Dispensing Happiness for coordinating a fun blogging event like this! Check out the other folks who participated, if you have time and/or are curious.

3 comments:

Morven said...

What an awesome selection of goodies. You got some great stuff.

asides said...

Hey, my blog is www.offthemarkandroaming.blogspot.com, Check out my cooking blog Off the mark and cooking, too.
I am glad you liked the package. I have seen the green pepper jelly eaten with lamb or as a side on bread to a rich meal on toasty bread,or in thumb print cookies, not a fav of mine, but a fun southern staple none the less.

lauras.treehouse said...

Laima, beautiful snow gypsy, you remind me to make art, every time i see your blog. thank you. the kitties are so adorable. i am looking forward to getting to see you soon, friend. laura from spotted cow land. :)